Insulated Concrete Formwork (ICF) System for Floors and Roofs (E-Deck):
E-Deck is an innovative product in the realm of Insulated Concrete Formwork (ICF) systems, designed specifically for use in roofs and floors. It is composed of expanded polystyrene EPS, which is fused with a ‘Z’ galvanized steel strip for reinforcement. This strategic combination of materials provides a lightweight yet extremely durable solution for construction projects, promising excellent performance in a range of conditions.
Advantages of the ICF System for Roofs & Floors (E-Deck):
1. High Thermal Insulation: The EPS component of E-Deck delivers high thermal insulation, contributing to energy efficiency and comfort within the building.
2. Acoustic Insulation: E-Deck effectively reduces the transmission of sound, allowing for a quieter indoor environment.
3. Fire Retardant: The Expanded Polystyrene (foam) which use in creating the E-Deck is file retardant.
4. Easy and Fast Installation: E-Deck is designed for simplicity and speed in installation, reducing construction timelines and labor costs.
5. No Full Shattering Required: The E-Deck system eliminates the need for extensive shattering, further simplifying the construction process.
6. Zero Thermal Bridge if Used with the E-Wall: When used in conjunction with the E-Wall, E-Deck can achieve a zero thermal bridge, enhancing the building’s overall energy performance.
7. No Heavy Equipment Required in Handling: E-Deck’s lightweight nature means no heavy machinery is needed for handling, reducing logistical challenges and potential hazards on site.
The process of implementing the E-Deck system involves several steps:
1. Reinforcing Steel: The first step involves placing reinforcing steel to provide structural strength.
2. E-Deck Placing: Next, the E-Deck units are positioned in accordance with the design plan.
3. Electricity and Water Utilities Installation: Prior to concrete casting, provisions for electrical and water utilities are made within the E-Deck system.
4. Concrete Casting: Once all utilities are in place, concrete is cast into the E-Deck system, forming a solid, insulated structure.
5. Finishing: After the concrete has fully cured, the construction process concludes with finishing works, which may include the installation of surface treatments or coverings.